Travels and Art

I bought a little travel trailer with the idea of going places to make art and see art.    It is really hard to pull to the side of the road to take pictures, but I do some of the time.  Any time that we are stopped I shoot the photos, but when we are driving down the highway, Bill takes pictures of what I want using high speed on my Canon Digital SRL.  There are a lot of duds,but some good ones as well.  I do all the editing sorting and corrections in Adobe Photoshop, so these pictures are a combination of our efforts.

The first year we left and went up through Chicago to the Art Institute, went along the Great Lakes and to Niagara Falls. Next we went across Pennsylvania and New York states and ended up in Vermont, where I took a workshop at Bennington College for a week.  We then went to Main, then New York  and visited New York City for  several days.  We then headed down the coast to Washington DC to visit the Smithsonian Museum and down through the Tennessee Mountains to come back to Texas.

That fall I went to see Donald Judd in Marfa Texas and to Austin in the Spring.  The next summer we went to Cloudcroft New Mexico, Alamogordo and Cortez, Delores, and Durango Colorado.

This last year I went to Cloudcroft, Alamogordo, Las Lunes, Santa Fe, Taos, and Farmington New Mexico. Cortez, Delores, and Durango, Fruita, and Grand Junction Colorado. We Went over the Flaming Gorge into Wyoming and stayed by Jackson Hole, then the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone Parks.

This last summer Bill and I went up the coast of California visiting the museums and stopping to stay in Mendocino a week.  We went across California into Reno across to Salt Lake City Utah, Idaho and Wyoming,  and down through Colorado and New Mexico before coming home at the end of the summer.

Comments